Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [MERGE REQUEST] changeset translation preparatory w

From: Jani Monoses
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [MERGE REQUEST] changeset translation preparatory work
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 08:56:02 +0300

On Sat, 29 May 2004 20:53:19 -0400
Miles Bader <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Sat, May 29, 2004 at 06:05:06PM -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> >  Multiply out the 30 seconds by the number of people, and you
> > have something substantial.
>
> YEah, but what's "the number of people"?  Certainly not everybody.

Certainly not everybody, of course.But there are some, me included.
I'd like to be able to use names without { and = in them as well, but without
having to complicate tla sources too much though.
How about having a configure time option to chose? Since working copies should
only be seen by the user they should accomodate their tastes if possible.
The only thing I don't like about arch is that the price paid for such a
transparent and powerful tool is the still relatively steep learning curve and
usabilty issues and these hardcoded assumptions play a role in the latter.

So I'll avoid implying that 'we' are majority or even many or representative
for the next waves of tla users but I personally would use it easier, and
might be even able to convert my two svn using colleagues ;)

OTOH I remember Andrea Arcangeli being thrilled by arch using {} because they
make the arch dir so prominent in whatever tool he was using.

Matter of taste.

> It's be great if everything was infinitely customizable, but that's not
> realistic -- everything has a cost, and if a change to make arch behave in a

So what would a config option cost?

Jani