Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [MERGE REQUEST] changeset translation preparatory w

From: Colin Walters
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [MERGE REQUEST] changeset translation preparatory work
Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 18:05:06 -0400

On Sat, 2004-05-29 at 17:12, Miles Bader wrote:

> Do you have any better uses for it in mind that just the above?

Nope.

> It sounds
> like an insane amount of hair for such a dubious goal...

There are two major reasons.

1) Every time I have to quote a { or =, I get very annoyed.  Even if
quoting only takes up say 30 seconds of my time every day, it's still
too much.  Multiply out the 30 seconds by the number of people, and you
have something substantial.

2) stuff like {arch}/=tagging-method is *my* source code.  I shouldn't
have to use tom names for it.

I've been using and contributing to arch for almost a year now, and the
{ and = still irritate me a lot.  I kept expecting that to go away, but
it hasn't.  I've talked to a number of other hackers who feel the same
way.