[Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla-update-ids lacks support for filenames with spa

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla-update-ids lacks support for filenames with spaces
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 11:48:27 +0900

Charles Duffy <address@hidden> writes:
> whereas with shell, the Easy Way Out [use of --unescaped] fails if
> someone is evil enough to have filenames with carriage returns.

Hmmm.  I do most of my actual processing in awk, and I suppose I could
always expand simple escapes; however I'm not really sure what to do
some of the escape sequences tla uses; for instance:

   $ tla escape "`echo -e 'hello\377world'`"
   hello\(U+FF)world

Does this mean that there can be "\(U" escapes with values greater than 255?

No clue what to do in that case...

-Miles
--
I'd rather be consing.