Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Fw: [Fwd: [BUG] revlib: old additions not hardlinke

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Fw: [Fwd: [BUG] revlib: old additions not hardlinked]
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 22:23:08 -0400

James Blackwell wrote:
Actually, I'm thinking for each revision in the library, we can check
1. Does $librev have a patchlog for $built?
2. Does $built have a patchlog for $librev?
(No matter how many revisions you have, two stats per revision is pretty cheap).

Make sense for me.

What algorithm are you proposing for finding $librev? Going back in the
same version, and if base-0 happens to be a tag, following it back?

Well, if there isn't anything in the version, I figured I'd try every revision in the library. That gets you a list of revisions you *could* use, and then you try and pick the best from those.

Aaron