Re: [Gnu-arch-users] cscvs cache -u while others are commiting large cha

From: Milan Cvetkovic
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] cscvs cache -u while others are commiting large changesets in CVS
Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 12:52:31 -0400

Charles Duffy wrote:
On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 09:15, Milan Cvetkovic wrote:

Is there a way to tell "cscvs totla" not to apply the CSCVS changesets later than a specified time?

It could be coded up easily enough.

A cheap hack, in the mean time, might be a sqlite query run from the
command line after each "cscvs cache -u" to delete all changesets with a
timestamp inside the region of time you wish not to accept them (as well
as revisions associated with those changesets).

Well, I don't really feel comfprtable doing either :-(

Since this is a cron job doing updates, I can do some scripting to invoke "cscvs totla" only for CSCVS changesets older than some preset time, for example five minutes, or so.

Now the question is, how much time is enough?

For example:
I checked in (tc CVS) a file 3 hours ago.
Then, 1 hour later, I check in another file, with exactly the same comment. If there were no CVS commits in between, are these two considered by CSCVS to be part of the same transaction, or there is some sort of timout?

Thanks, Milan.