[Gnu-arch-users] [Hey Tom!] mixing imports and commits

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] [Hey Tom!] mixing imports and commits
Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 11:49:08 -0400

Are imports permitted anywhere except when there are no previous revisions?

I've been considering cacherevs and import revisions to be equivalent, but for my purposes, they're only equivalent if imports can only occur when there are no previous revisions. Since imports represent the beginning of a new line of descent, they must not be ignored, while cacherevs can always be ignored.

If imports are not permitted after the initial import, a similar effect can be achieved by creating a new version, importing, and tagging into the existing version.

Thoughts?

Aaron

--
Aaron Bentley