Re: [Gnu-arch-users] interaction between signing rules and direct mirror

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] interaction between signing rules and direct mirror access
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 19:42:16 -0800 (PST)

    > From: Miles Bader <address@hidden>

    > Sometimes I want to perform an operation directly on a mirror,
    > e.g., tla cacherev (I _don't_ want to cache revisions in my
    > `real' archive, for reasons previously discussed at length on
    > this list).

cachrev and uncacherev are the only operations you could perform.

    > However, this seems to not work entirely well with a `copy' entry in the
    > mirror's .arch-params/signing entry

Sure.  That was a goof.

    > In this case, I'm not sure _what_ the proper action would be; a human
    > would probably just independently generate a checksum for the new tar
    > file and append it to the checksums files in the mirror, but I'm not
    > sure whether this would be easy for tla to do automatically or not.

Happily, the checksums for cached revisions are stored separately from
all other checksums.   There's no big deal here -- just a need for (a)
a way to specify a separate signing rule for cached revisions;  (b)
special casing the signature-copying code to use that separate signing
rule.

Gimme a few days while I recuperate from getting 1.2pre0 out and sweat
out the latest in a never-ending series of financial brick walls.
It's white-knuckle time -- gets hard to concentrate on the N+1th
iteration of that.

-t

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=lord%40emf.net&item_name=support+for+arch+and+other+free+software+efforts+by+tom+lord&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=USD