Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla--devo--1.2 has preliminary gpg stuff

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla--devo--1.2 has preliminary gpg stuff
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2003 21:00:39 -0500

On Thu, Dec 25, 2003 at 02:05:24PM -0800, Tom Lord wrote:
> There's more to do but I've munged Robert Collins' gpg hacks to my
> satisfaction and they're now available in the latest tla--devo--1.2.

I tried signing a commit, and ... ooh, it works!

I assume a `gpg agent' is something that lets you avoid constantly typing
your passphrase, right?  Can anyone point me at good (trusted :-) examples of
these?  Can they safely be used on a shared machine like fencepost (I often
login to fencepost via ssh and work there, as it's a lot faster than doing
stuff from home)?

BTW, when making new file formats (like .../checksum), how about putting the
filename _last_ to make future filenames-with-spaces(but-not-newlines)
support a bit easier ...?

Thanks,

-Miels
--
I'm beginning to think that life is just one long Yoko Ono album; no rhyme
or reason, just a lot of incoherent shrieks and then it's over.  --Ian Wolff