Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Directory rename with names tagging

From: Robert Collins
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Directory rename with names tagging
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 11:37:42 +1100

On Wed, 2003-12-24 at 09:31, James Blackwell wrote:

> What I meant but didn't say was that arch supports it fully when using
> explicit and taglines (and of course implicit which is a combination of
> the two). Its when you get into names based that you start to have a
> problem.

A small point of order - implicit is not 'a combination' of explicit and
taglines.

we have 4 tagging methods, one of which is deprecated:
explicit - external id files.
names - no ids other than the file paths.
implicit - in-file id's only (deprecated).
tagline - a mixes all three other methods together.

Rob