Re: [Gnu-arch-users] arch lkml

From: Roman Zippel
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] arch lkml
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 16:28:36 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003, Karel Gardas wrote:

> My personal opinion based on the fact that I have only problems with CVS
> keywords substitution under various conditions is that this feature is not
> needed and so it is good only to make issues. (problems are with doing
> manual merging between two independent CVS repositories)

I'm not using them either, but I also don't have problems with explicit
renames, so this would only be an option.

> Also so far I have not any problem with Arch merging and so I can not
> imagine the way how $ArchId$ might improve it. Have you already described
> it in this thread? If so, then please excuse me, since I have just read
> this email from it.

The point is arch should not rely on the user to provide it with an unique
id and arch should instead generate one itself, when the file is added to
the repository. Other tagging schemes can still be build on top of this.

bye, Roman