[Gnu-arch-users] Re: Savannah vs. Open Software License

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Savannah vs. Open Software License
Date: 07 Dec 2003 09:45:22 +0900

Adam Sampson <address@hidden> writes:
> It's still as badly broken as the previous version: "If You distribute
> copies of the Original Work or a Derivative Work, You must make a
> reasonable effort under the circumstances to obtain the express assent
> of recipients to the terms of this License."

What's with that anyway?  It seems completely and utterly unworkable in
a typical free-software environment, and I think attempts to push in an
undesirable direction (legitimizing eulas??).

I'd be curious to know who pushed for that sentence to be added ...

-Miles
--
`Suppose Korea goes to the World Cup final against Japan and wins,' Moon said.
`All the past could be forgiven.'   [NYT]