Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: in-tree pristines fatally wounded (merge-fest e

From: zander
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: in-tree pristines fatally wounded (merge-fest etc)
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2003 16:39:57 +0100

On Sat, Dec 06, 2003 at 02:25:41PM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
>     > Institute of Policy and Planning Sciences
>     > University of Tsukuba
>
>     Tom> The mind boggles.
>
> Why?  Just because you disagree with my opinions?

My guess is that Tom made that statement because he knows ignorance and
misconception are often an ingredient when social standpoints are being
debated.

If Tom pays taxes, gets (government based) support and basically does not
deprive himself from any human contact, he is not outside of sociaty.

>     Tom> I was not aware that I wasn't doing work in society.  And
>     Tom> again, I know of many who would disagree and say that I am,
>     Tom> in fact, doing work.
>??
> Of course you are, in the sense of "nice work if you can get it."

A friend of mine was fired when the company simply closed the whole
department, and instead of finding a job he started working for himself.
For many reasons he can't support himself, so now he's working at a
cafetaria serving fries and cola.

Not having a job that pays the rent (with money that include taxes
being payed) in my point of view means _not_ having a job.

If you are working is a whole other discussion.

--
Thomas Zander