Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [ANNOUNCE] tlator-0.1 initial release

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [ANNOUNCE] tlator-0.1 initial release
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 18:04:05 +0100

On 2003-09-17 17:27:36 +0100 Robert Anderson <address@hidden> wrote:
The makefile in question used features of GNU make exclusive to 3.80. automake doesn't.

Is automake incapable of generating a Makefile that uses these features of GNU Make 3.80, even with input designed to cause it to do so?

As I said, maybe the Makefile should be refactored to work in a released version of GNU Make, but it's a long way from there to concluding "use automake" is the solution.