Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: documentation as info

From: Tupshin Harper
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: documentation as info
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 15:37:53 -0700

Tom Lord wrote:

I'm not familiar with that engineering principle.  Are you saying that
if I agree to mention that historical political party XML will cease
to suck?  Are you saying that if I agree to mention that historical
political party that the interplay of XML, w3c, and markets during the
dot-com bubble will be retroactively revised?   Are you just trying to
wish away the many very legitimate complaints about XML and it's
deployment by comparing those complaints to rhetorical excesses which
are otherwise unrelated?   Really, not quite following you here.

Yeah, Godwin's joke is funny.  But I've heard it already.

XML isn't so funny.

-t
I was just saying that your message was devoid of any real criticisms, and appeared content to be merely inflamatory. Hence the discussion appeared to be over.

I'm not going to defend every usage of XML, since some are certainly misguided, but neither do I agree that it is inherently harmful and/or useless. Keep in mind that the XML portion of this thread was specifically in comparison to SGML. Are you willing to say that SGML == good and XML == evil? Or do you think structured markup languages are bad in general for document production?

-Tupshin