gnoppix-user

Re: [Gnoppix-user] lost in beginner land

From: John Smothers
Subject: Re: [Gnoppix-user] lost in beginner land
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 11:33:39 -0800 (PST)

First of all, I thank all of you for your quick and
helpful responses.  I was easily able to enter the
bios setup by doing what you have all suggested.

I reordered the bootup order to 1)floppy, 2)cd rom, 3)
hdd.  The order before changing it, was to look at the
hdd first.  So, I figured all would go well now after
the modification.

Unfortunately, I still get windows xp booting up.  And
that's unfortunate in so many ways :).

--- Mica Mijatovic <address@hidden> wrote:
> As to burning a bootable CD, the rules may wary.
> Perhaps someone other
> will know to tell you what in a Gnoppix case.
> Anyway, copying just an
> iso file to CD will not work, as I know. :-)

Well, I believe this is where I am at now.  How do I
get a cd with an iso file on it to be a bootable CD?
I will continue to look at the FAQ and docs so I don't
waste alot of your time.  But I could use all the help
and shortcuts possible.

Again, thank you to all and I was thinking about
writing this up from a beginner point of view.  Would
this be helpful to avoid alot of you helping newbies
like me?  If so, after I get everything to work, I
will write up (using gnoppix and open office, of
course) a quick piece (Gnoppix Help for Beginners and
the Non-Technical) that people can edit and add to.

Thank you,
John Smothers