gnoppix-user

[Gnoppix-user] kernel panic after hd install

From: Jason Latonio
Subject: [Gnoppix-user] kernel panic after hd install
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 05:02:26 -0800 (PST)

hi, i keep getting kernel panic, unable to load root
on 03:04

my configure script loads up my pre-formatted
partitions from my old install of slackware, so i have
a seperate
/
/home
/boot
/usr
/var
/usr/local

partitions.

everything is reiserfs except for /boot which is ext2

the install looks like it finishes ok, but i get a lot
of umount errors at the end

when i reboot i got a kernel panic, is it because i
have a seperate root partition? my lilo.conf seems to
be ok, loading root=/dev/hda4

thanks in advance.
jason