gnoppix-user

[Gnoppix-user] gnoppix-0.6.beta 2 boot & lilo problems

From: Mo Braich
Subject: [Gnoppix-user] gnoppix-0.6.beta 2 boot & lilo problems
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 20:20:58 -0500

Now I downloaded and burnt a cd.Live cd lokks great. Then I decided to install
on hd.It installed but after booting Gnome desktop shows up but there is
nothing  else there...no task bar or any icon..just blank screen with Gnome
logo on right hand side.Regarding Lilo first I chose root partion and made a
floppy but when I tried to boot from floppy .....'boot failed' and when I check
the floppy there is nothing on it..
I noticed that while it was making a boot floppy I saw these lines on the
screen..
Ignore entry 'boot'
Ignore entry 'install'
Ignore entry 'map'
Could that be the problem that floppy did not load anything.
Then I reinstalled and for Lilo I chose MBR and I did make a floppy but after
booting upto Gnome desktop the screen is blank........from flopyy ...'boot
failed' since there is nothing there.
Also while it was booting  I saw these lines..as well..
failed to execute /sbin/modprobe -S -K scsi_hostadapter, erno= 2
I dont have any scsi adapter.
Can you please shed some light on this?

OperaMail free e-mail - http://www.operamail.com
OperaMail Premium - 28MB, POP3, more! US$29.99/year