gnoppix-user

[Gnoppix-user] Kernel panic when booting

From: Jean-Marie MICHALAK
Subject: [Gnoppix-user] Kernel panic when booting
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 06:30:55 +0200

Hello,

This is the first time I try Gnoppix (downloaded 0.6.0 beta1 ISO ), on 2
different computers, and I get following messages :

Kmod : failed to exec /sbin/modprobe -s -k block-major-8, errno=2
VFS: Cannot open root device "" or 08:01
Kernel panic : VFS : unable to mount root fs on 08:01

Is there something to do to bypass this difficulty ?
Thanks