gnomoradio-devel

Re: [gnomoradio-devel] http proxy support

From: Jim Garrison
Subject: Re: [gnomoradio-devel] http proxy support
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 14:49:01 -0400

Currently there is no http proxy support in gnomoradio.

It is definitely something that should happen eventually, at least on
the client end.  If a person is behind a firewall, the person should be
able to at least download music, even though sharing is not possible.

I have also thought about making a sort of "relay" proxy server, which
can relay gnomoradio requests in both directions to allow both sharing
and receiving of songs.  However, I doubt that most sysadmins would even
think to install it at this point, and that is why I have not worked on
such a thing.

At least for now, implementing http proxy seems to be the best method
for people trapped behind a firewall.  I'll look into exactly what it
will take to implement, unless of course you are willing to take on the
task.

Jim