Re: nokia 7230-1c: getnetworkinfo: unhandled frame

From: Raphaël Droz
Subject: Re: nokia 7230-1c: getnetworkinfo: unhandled frame
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 13:34:31 -0300

On Sun, Sep 07, 2014 at 10:02:20PM +0200, Daniele Forsi wrote:
> as always we must start adding to misc.c that 7230-1c is a RM-598 (may
> I add your full name to the ChangeLog?), then if someone finds out if
> your phone supports the get nework info command with a different frame
> we can add a special case for it

ack', but just add "+floss" suffix to email @' LHS
(Gmail supports receiving such suffixed emails, although their out-SMTP
strips the said suffix)

Please note that 7230 (no the "1c" may very well be a RM-604)
(but I'm note sure if a given model number could have been distributed under
different RM numbers)

> what you can do is running gnokii --monitor and from you phone's menu
> activate and deactivate flight mode to see if any unhandled frame is
> received...

I tried that, but seems like flight mode disable bluetooth too (!),
thus --monitor only showing:
> CALL0: IDLE
> CALL1: IDLE
Worse, returning to the "normal" phone profile doesn't re-enable
--monitor to receive original "normal" infos (battery, messages, ...

> ... if nothing is printed then you should modify
> NK6510_Subscribe() and guess the number to use instead of
> NK6510_MSG_NETSTATUS which is 0x0a (and that's why the error message
> refers to 0x0a "Unknown subtype of type 0x0a (240)") this is somewhat
> safer than sending random data as I've done in the past all the
> numbers known so far are in include/phones/nk6510.h see NK6510_MSG_*

I'll try that one of these days.

many thanks for the insights !