unable to retrieve listed messages

From: Noel Butler
Subject: unable to retrieve listed messages
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2013 11:09:08 +1000

Hi, I'm aware that current stable has no support for compressed messages.

I don't particularly care too much for compressed messages myself, as our import scripts wont likely do anything with it thats legible

But I've just found two weeks of irretrievable messages in the device ( a huawei E160X , no configs/server changes since  installing 0.6.31 when it was released, what, umm, 3 years ago?) that ordinarily works flawlessly.

Debug reported type 65 compressed message, I had to manually delete it before other messages could be retrieved, which is not optimum given its a USB device attached to server to automatically send/get SMS's.

script calls --getsms SM 0 end --delete

Suggestion, there be put in place a failover to carry on after an errored message.

EG:
If messages exist 0 -27
and message 0 is unable to be retrieved (say, its compressed), gnokii should at least, complain about it as it did, but then ignore the message and carry on, getting,  then deleting, remaining messages (1-27), which at present, at least in our case, it did not.

Cheers
Noel