Re: smsd Mac OS X crash EXC_BAD_ACCESS

From: helpFractal
Subject: Re: smsd Mac OS X crash EXC_BAD_ACCESS
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 09:01:40 -0800 (PST)

Hi Daniele,

Daniele Forsi-2 wrote:

> I'm sorry I didn't remember that smsd crashing on Mac OS X is a known
> issue mentioned in the wiki for which we haven't a fix
>
> I've read someone mentioning pthread implementaion is buggy on Mac OS
> X but I have no clue if its's true

I can confirm that the behaviour that I have observed is consistent with a
multi-threaded application where one thread is writing over the memory used
by another.

F.Y.I. I gave up in the end and bought a RaspberryPi, put Debian Squeeze on
it and install gnokii-smsd and everything is running perfectly.

Simon