Re: gnokii 0.6.31 problem with german umlauts

From: Stefan Rupprecht
Subject: Re: gnokii 0.6.31 problem with german umlauts
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 22:47:02 +0200

Hi Pawel,

Am 13.08.2012 22:16, schrieb Pawel Kot:
LC_ALL=
You need to set that. In ASCII locale there are no umlauts.

Now I set the locale:

address@hidden
LC_CTYPE="address@hidden"
LC_NUMERIC="address@hidden"
LC_TIME="address@hidden"
LC_COLLATE="address@hidden"
LC_MONETARY="address@hidden"
LC_MESSAGES="address@hidden"
LC_PAPER="address@hidden"
LC_NAME="address@hidden"
LC_ADDRESS="address@hidden"
LC_TELEPHONE="address@hidden"
LC_MEASUREMENT="address@hidden"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="address@hidden"
address@hidden

but the result is the same: The umlauts were not encoded correctly.

I also tried to use not the commandline, but the smsd with mysql support. I inserted a text "Test ÄÖÜ" with umlauts into the outbox table, but also here the sms encoding is wrong.

I'll give up now and further use the version 0.6.30, where the encoding works correct (gnokii commandline and smsd).

Nevertheless, thanks for support.
Stefan