Re: locking in smsd

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: locking in smsd
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2012 10:45:46 +0200

Hi,

On Sun, Jun 3, 2012 at 10:20 AM, alonso acuña <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 3, 2012 at 2:07 AM, Pawel Kot <address@hidden> wrote:
>> On Sun, Jun 3, 2012 at 9:32 AM, alonso acuña <address@hidden> wrote:
>> > Hi. Perhaps smsd or whatever other process could just wait until the
>> > lock is
>> > released? With a timeout setting and some checks to detect and remove
>> > stale
>> > locks.
>>
>> And it could wait forever. No, this idea looks like your email
>> formatting -- it is just bad.
>
> This is what the timeout is for, so it will not wait forever.

And what it will do on timeout? Exit? Then what's the point of smsd?

The whole idea of smsd does not make sense if you can "disable" smsd
just by running minicom or kermit and forgetting to exit it. Do not
mess with the locking but follow Daniele's advice and disable locking
altogether if it works for you.

> point me to where I can learn email formatting that will make you happy.

Formatting is more or less now, while the idea still holds crap.

>> > Which process is the phone daemon? I did not understand that part.
>>
>> Then read it again. The whole sentence. In particular the last part.
>
> Done. What I would like to know is which files or library is the phone
> daemon so I can look at the code and understand what you are talking about.

"nobody had time to implement this for few years already"