Re: Nokia 6021 - smsd and mysql - pulls out Inbox messages but not Sent

From: Jan Derfinak
Subject: Re: Nokia 6021 - smsd and mysql - pulls out Inbox messages but not Sent items messages
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 14:17:46 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 30 Dec 2011, Andrew Thompson wrote:

Hello.

> It moves any items out of the Inbox to the sql table but still leaves behind
> anything in the sent items folder on the phone.

Smsd doesn't care about phone's sent folder. It checks only phone's inbox
folder.

> Do I have to leave the smsd command running all the time instead of manually
> stopping it with CTRL+C?

Yes, you can if you want.

> How do I get the Sent Items off of the phone as these are the ones I want.
>
> The phone will not ever receive any inbox messages its purely going to be
> sending out texts from Nagios and that’s it.

I don't understand why is Sent folder important for you. It contains
messages you sent from phone. If I remember right, you can set in phone's
messages settings if want to save sent messages.

For nagios use, the sent folder is not important. All what you need is to
set nagios to insert new messages to outbox table. Smsd will periodicaly
checks outbox table and will sent new messages from this table to recepients.

Jan