authentication on init for smsd

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: authentication on init for smsd
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 00:08:00 +0100

Hi Honzo,

I have implemented the new feature for gnokii (branch auth_on_init at
address@hidden:pkot/gnokii.git) that allows authentication on init
when required (common use case: usb modem). The solution for xgnokii
is more or less straightforward (actually it is not very much needed
as modern distros automatically prompt you for pin when such device is
entered). However the bigger question is for smsd. We have two out of
the box solutions:
 - interactive asking for pin
 - storing pin in the file
But I can see some more options:
 - passing it as the invocation argument
 - having some db configuration

And the question for you, how do you see, which method would be the
most suitable for smsd. It is possible to register custom
authentication function.

Note: the code is not fully ready yet. What I will finally merge may
differ from the code in the branch I have pointed out above.