problem with sms message that contains arabic and english number

From: Jon Berg
Subject: problem with sms message that contains arabic and english number
Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 16:08:41 +0200

Hi,

I am having problem getting sms messages that contains both arabic and a number.

I tested with gnokii-0.6.29. It also happens with 6.30.

The phone used is a Nokia 3120 and Nokia 3120b. Which is not top of the line.Could
the problem be caused by the old phone?

gnokii config:
port = /dev/ttyUSB0
connection = serial
model = series40

When reading the message on the phone the whole message displays correctly. But running smsd
it seems it does not get the complete message. In the database it has the arabic text but the number part is missing.

Also when trying to use some other variations of number & arabic parts of the text would go missing.

I have an sms on my phone that reproduces this that I can send out to you. If anybody have gnokii
with a newer phone model that wants to test it.

Any thoughts? Please see the attached output for what smsd outputs when it gets this message.

Regards,
Jon Berg.