Re: gnokii and Nokia 2330c-2

From: Roberto Verzola
Subject: Re: gnokii and Nokia 2330c-2
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 06:50:03 +0800

See http://wiki.gnokii.org/index.php/SMS_options#--deletesms

take care,

Thanks for the pointer, Pawel. I think the note should be stronger.

It might be better (at least for the 2330c-2, I haven't tried any other model) to replace "Trying to read a deleted SMS from phone menus can cause error messages or a reboot of the phone" with something like:

"Deleting SMS with the --getsms -d option can put the memory location(s) in an indeterminate status".

As for the suggestion "power cycle the phone to avoid this." In the case of my 2330c-2, it actually made it worse, because new incoming messages saved into the locations with indeterminate status were lost to the phone software after I cycled power. For the Nokia 2330c-2, I suggest a warning like "Use the phone's delete facilities, not gnokii's --getsms -d option, to delete messages." That's what I do now. I don't use the -d option at all. The other -getsms options work just fine.

By the way, I was using 0.6.30, not 0.6.27.

Greetings,

Roberto

Pawel Kot wrote:
Hi,