Re: Issues with gnokii --sendsms 8 bit

From: Anand Deshpande
Subject: Re: Issues with gnokii --sendsms 8 bit
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 11:28:56 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Pavel,

I am trying to implement the client portion in a server<->client scenario. The
server side code is implemented in Java and requires 8-bit encoding, so my
client has to send out the request in the PDU 8-bit format, and not in the more
standard 7-bit ASCII notation.

I assumed since the gnokii binary has an 8-bit option, it does indeed work with
that, but it seems there might be some issues :). The 7-bit ascii text that I
tried goes through fine, but I will require 8-bit for my particular
implementation.

Thanks,
Anand