2400 Baud

From: Chris Bartram
Subject: 2400 Baud
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 17:09:00 +0100

Hi

I'm trying to get Gnokii to send via a fixed line SMS modem. The modem
seems to use standard GSM commands and emulates a serial port, and I can
successfully send messages from a terminal session using AT+CMGS.

I'm using port=/dev/ttyUSB0, (which I've tested with the terminal
session), and model= at, and set the serial_baudrate = 2400, as that is
what the modem seems to need according to the documentation.

When I send I get "Serial port speed 2400 not supported!".

Is there a way around this? Is this even a good idea, and should I
devote some time to a writing a script to drive the modem directly (I'm
not much of a programmer)?

There's some info on the modem at
http://www.ntstelecom.co.uk/technical.htm. It uses a CP2101 usb-serial
converter- I had to change the VID and PID to get the driver to
recognise it.

Thanks

Chris

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. It is for
the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended
recipient(s), you must not use, distribute, copy or take any action in reliance
on it, since to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please return it to the sender immediately and
delete it from your system. E-mail messages are not secure and attachments may
contain software viruses which may damage your system. Whilst we have taken
every reasonable precaution to minimise this risk, we cannot accept any
liability for any damage which you sustain as a result of these factors. You
are advised to carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment.
Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail are solely those of the author
and do not represent those of the NASUWT unless otherwise stated.