Re: smsd Segmentation fault (Nokia 5130 Xpress Music)

From: Gustavo Delfino
Subject: Re: smsd Segmentation fault (Nokia 5130 Xpress Music)
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 09:02:37 -0430

Pawel, thank you for your help.

I am getting a segmentation fault everytime I try to run smsd with under Mac
OS X 10.5.8 with my Nokia 5130 Xpress Music.

Do I get it right that it segfaults just right after startup?

The segfaults happen like this:

$smsd -u root -d sms -c localhost -m mysql -f /Users/gdelfino/ smsdaemon.log
smsd - version 1.4.4 from gnokii 0.6.29git
LOG: debug mask is 0x1
Config read from file /Users/gdelfino/.gnokiirc.
phone instance config:
model = series40
port = 00:25:47:26:54:b7
connection = bluetooth
initlength = default
serial_baudrate = 19200
serial_write_usleep = -1
handshake = software
require_dcd = 0
smsc_timeout = 10
rfcomm_channel = 0
sm_retry = 0           /* here there is a pause of about 3 seconds */
Segmentation fault

(gdb) backtrace
#0  0x00255251 in NK6510_Functions ()
#1  0x0020d695 in register_driver (driver=0x27d0e0, model=0x779004
"series40", setupmodel=<value temporarily unavailable, due to
optimizations>, sm=0x779000) at gsm-api.c:115

Honestly it's pretty hard to say what could be wrong in here...

If there is a way to do a better backtrace let me know.

1) Compilation fails if I just use:

./configure --without-x
It compiles fine with
CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/share/gettext/" ./configure --without-x

So no gettext is recognized correctly. Can you share output of
configure and generated config.log file?

I have just compiled from the latest git repo (playhead at 7ca07a40...) without this problem. Anyway I am attaching my config.log

configure: WARNING: IOBluetooth/IOBluetoothUserLib.h: proceeding with the
compiler's result
configure: WARNING:     ## ------------------------------------- ##
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to http://www.gnokii.org/ ##
configure: WARNING:     ## ------------------------------------- ##
checking for IOBluetooth/IOBluetoothUserLib.h... no

I'll have a look (although it may be hard without any Mac box).

Can you check it with the current git?

The warning is gone.

2) Sometimes I have to use "sudo make" instead of just "make". Otherwise I
get an error which includes this line:

/var/folders/CE/CEGG2q3eFYSgn+cIkPH-hU+++TI/-Tmp-// ccwwlfMs.s:unknown:FATAL:can't
create output file: .libs/libPHONES_la-generic.o

It may be some strange thing with make version you have. If you repeat
make (just make without sudo) is it repeatable?

This problem is gone too. I'll let you know if it happens again.

I'll have a look (although it may be hard without any Mac box).

Anyone can donate a Mac to this project? If helpful I could try to give you ssh access to a Mac.

Regards,

Gustavo Delfino