gnokii --sendsms fails for 6300 via cable/bluetooth

From: shree sha
Subject: gnokii --sendsms fails for 6300 via cable/bluetooth
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 12:50:05 +0530

Hello,

I have Nokia 6300 phone.
And I am trying to send sms using gnokii windows binary (gnokii-0.6.18-win32).
I tried two ways,

1. cable connection :
config file contains,
     port = <virtual com port for the modem shown in device manager>
     connection = serial
     model = 6510 (i tried 6300 as well)
when I ran I got the out put as below,

D:\gnokii-0.6.18-win32>echo "testing 123" | gnokii.exe
--config gnokiirc --sendsms 9611250590
GNOKII Version 0.6.18
LOG: debug mask is 0x1
Config read from file gnokiirc.
phone instance config:
model: 6510
port_device: com31:
connection_type: 0
init_length: 0
serial_baudrate: 19200
serial_write_usleep: -1
hardware_handshake: 0
require_dcd: 0
smsc_timeout: 100
connect_script:
disconnect_script:
rfcomm_cn: 1
sm_retry: off
Connecting
Serial device: opening device com31:
Couldn't open FBUS device: No error
Error in link initialisation: 1
Serial device: opening device com31:
Couldn't open FBUS device: No error
Error in link initialisation: 1
Serial device: opening device com31:
Couldn't open FBUS device: No error
Error in link initialisation: 1
Telephone interface init failed: Command failed.
Quitting.
Command failed.
Could anybody help to see what might have gone wrong ?

2. when I tried using bluetooth
port = <bluetooth modem virtual com port>
connection = serial

it got connected 3 times and then times out and did not send any message.
Even I tried to put the BT MAC id of the device to "port" and bluetooth for "connection" it failed even to connect to the device.

Could you please suggest whether the settings are ok or not.

regards
Shree