Re: gnokii getsms fails and requires phone restart

From: Daniele Forsi
Subject: Re: gnokii getsms fails and requires phone restart
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 17:32:27 +0200

2009/7/21 Vieri:

> I noticed that --getsms would repeatedly fail with:
> TP-Parameter-Indicator: 0xcb
>
> I tried changing serial port, baud rates, etc, but it didn't make any
> difference.

there was a bug in the code handling status reports (a ++ in the wrong
line made the code read data from the wrong places), thanks for
showing your debug output as it allowed me to find it immediately and
test it with your SMS

if you want to test it:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnokii.git
if you want to retrofit this fix in your current version (not
recommended), you can find a patch attached to this message

note that there are still problems that prevent printing the contents
of a status report in a human readable format by gnokii,
one problem is the inconsistent use of GN_SMS_MT_DeliveryReport and
GN_SMS_MT_StatusReport but fixing this might break other things

> I had to physically reboot the GSM device (--reset hard|soft does not work)
> and all started working properly again

that's really strange, since your device replied "OK", I have no clue
what might have happened in this respect

--
Daniele Forsi