Re: smsd monitoring for new incoming messages not working with latest CV

From: Daniele Forsi
Subject: Re: smsd monitoring for new incoming messages not working with latest CVS version/Nokia 6300
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 16:08:46 +0200

2009/5/18 Daniele Forsi:
> 2009/5/17 Pawel Kot:
>
>> On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 22:26, Jan Derfinak wrote:
>>> On Thu, 14 May 2009, Dennis l wrote:
>
>>> Phone gave as poisonous (too short?) reply, either phone went crazy or
>>> communication went out of sync
>
>> I can't see a reason for the message above but it seems we have a
>> general problem with new series40 phones with file SMS access.

I think I fixed it, Dennis can you test the current git version (git,
not cvs): http://www.gnokii.org/git.shtml

there was a caching problem with empty directories/SMS folders where a
file count of zero was used in a multiplication resulting in a timeout
value of zero which conventionally meant the cache was never refreshed
and smsd didn't see when a new SMS arrived

there is still a minor problem because after smsd has read the SMS and
deleted it, the cache still shows it as present until the timeout
expires and smsd tries to read it again resulting in an "Invalid
location" error; I don't know how to fix this and I think it's
harmless

--
Daniele Forsi