gnokii and Nokia Card Phone RPM-3 GSM900/1800

From: Vieri
Subject: gnokii and Nokia Card Phone RPM-3 GSM900/1800
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 00:48:11 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I'm trying to send a basic text SMS with gnokii connected via serial cable to a
Nokia Card Phone RPM-3 GSM900/1800.

I am not able to send anything because it seems that the AT command sequence
may be wrong for this particular model. I am using the default gnokiirc with
model=AT and port=/dev/ttyS0 under Linux.

>From previous manual research in a Windows environment (hyperterminal), it was
>determined that the correct sequence of commands to send an SMS is:

AT+CMGS=?
AT+CMGF=1
AT+CMGS="<destination_number>"
"MESSAGE"
<ctrl-Z/ESC>

Gnokii is failing as shown in the log files I'm attaching.

I've also tried the -C 0,1,2,3 option with the gnokii --sendsms command line
but I'm still not able to send a message.
Note: I am not using smsd, just "gnokii --sendsms ...".

Any ideas?
How can I customize gnokii's AT command sequence?

Regards,

Vieri