Re: synchronisation takes too long?

From: Frisco
Subject: Re: synchronisation takes too long?
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2009 12:08:50 +0200

Pawel Kot schrieb:
Hi,

On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 17:23, <address@hidden> wrote:
sorry for possible cross-posting, but I don't know whether the problem
is with gnokii or with opensync :(

I try to sync my Nokia 5140i, contacts and calendar.

Connection works fine with the gnokii plugin (and gnokii on the command
line).

I can easily sync my contacts and calendar from the phone to kontact
(kadressbook/korganizer), but I don't manage to write my contacts to the
phone.

Which gnokii version is this? What kind of details do you have for contacts?

Dear Pawel,

I have GNOKII Version 0.6.27 installed. The contacts are exactly the ones I exported from my phone to kdepim, i.e. (exported as vcard3.0):

address@hidden:~/kadressbook/vcard3.0$ cat JimmyHandsome_.vcf
BEGIN:VCARD
FN:Jimmy Handsome
N:;Jimmy Handsome;;;
TEL;TYPE=VOICE:+491722033123
UID:Rpn9RCYWPl
VERSION:3.0
END:VCARD

This one got exported.

address@hidden:~/kadressbook/vcard3.0$ cat SomeName_.vcf
BEGIN:VCARD
EMAIL:address@hidden
FN:Some Name
N:;Some Name;;;
TEL;TYPE=WORK:+4922411234
TEL;TYPE=CELL:+4916090161234
UID:50rr4S7Abr
URL:http://www.domain.de
VERSION:3.0
END:VCARD

This one threw an error, see output of msynctool below:

address@hidden:~/kadressbook/vcard3.0$ cd
address@hidden:~$ msynctool --sync gnokii-evolution --conflict 2
Synchronizing group "gnokii-evolution"
The previous synchronization was unclean. Slow-syncing
GConf Error: Failed to contact configuration server; some possible causes are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you have stale NFS locks due to a system crash. See http://projects.gnome.org/gconf/ for information. (Details - 1: Failed to get connection to session: Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-4wWVON9BEg: Connection refused) GConf Error: Failed to contact configuration server; some possible causes are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you have stale NFS locks due to a system crash. See http://projects.gnome.org/gconf/ for information. (Details - 1: Failed to get connection to session: Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-4wWVON9BEg: Connection refused) GConf Error: Failed to contact configuration server; some possible causes are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you have stale NFS locks due to a system crash. See http://projects.gnome.org/gconf/ for information. (Details - 1: Failed to get connection to session: Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-4wWVON9BEg: Connection refused) GConf Error: Failed to contact configuration server; some possible causes are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you have stale NFS locks due to a system crash. See http://projects.gnome.org/gconf/ for information. (Details - 1: Failed to get connection to session: Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-4wWVON9BEg: Connection refused)
Serial port speed 0 not supported!
Member 2 of type evo2-sync just connected
Member 1 of type gnokii-sync just connected
All clients connected or error
Received an entry pas-id-4A2D1BFD00000036 with data of size 4 from member 2 (evo2-sync). Changetype ADDED Received an entry pas-id-4A2D1BFD0000004D with data of size 4 from member 2 (evo2-sync). Changetype ADDED Received an entry pas-id-4A2D1BFD0000000E with data of size 4 from member 2 (evo2-sync). Changetype ADDED Received an entry pas-id-4A2D1BFD0000001A with data of size 4 from member 2 (evo2-sync). Changetype ADDED Received an entry pas-id-4A2D1BFE000000AD with data of size 4 from member 2 (evo2-sync). Changetype ADDED Received an entry pas-id-4A2D1BFD00000017 with data of size 4 from member 2 (evo2-sync). Changetype ADDED Received an entry pas-id-4A2D1BFE00000092 with data of size 4 from member 2 (evo2-sync). Changetype ADDED Received an entry pas-id-4A2D1BFD00000047 with data of size 4 from member 2 (evo2-sync). Changetype ADDED Received an entry pas-id-4A2D1BFE00000084 with data of size 4 from member 2 (evo2-sync). Changetype ADDED Received an entry pas-id-4A2D1BFE0000009D with data of size 4 from member 2 (evo2-sync). Changetype ADDED
Member 2 of type evo2-sync just sent all changes
Received an entry gnokii-contact-ME-1 with data of size 4 from member 1 (gnokii-sync). Changetype ADDED
Member 1 of type gnokii-sync just sent all changes
All clients sent changes or error
All conflicts have been reported
Member 2 of type evo2-sync committed all changes.
***** data.number "address@hidden"
strlen 15
***** j 30 count 148
***** GN_PHONEBOOK_ENTRY_MAX_LENGTH - count 840 count 184
Error writing entry pas-id-4A2D1BFD00000036 to member 1 (gnokii-sync): Unable to write contact.
Mapping Write Error: Unable to write contact.
***** data.number "http://www.domain.de";
strlen 17
***** j 34 count 146
***** GN_PHONEBOOK_ENTRY_MAX_LENGTH - count 838 count 186
***** data.number "address@hidden"
strlen 24
***** j 48 count 186
***** GN_PHONEBOOK_ENTRY_MAX_LENGTH - count 784 count 240
Error writing entry pas-id-4A2D1BFD0000000E to member 1 (gnokii-sync): Unable to write contact.
Mapping Write Error: Unable to write contact.

Cheers,
Andre