Re: smsd monitoring for new incoming messages not working with latest CV

From: Daniele Forsi
Subject: Re: smsd monitoring for new incoming messages not working with latest CVS version/Nokia 6300
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 00:06:10 +0200

2009/5/17 Pawel Kot:

> On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 22:26, Jan Derfinak wrote:
>> On Thu, 14 May 2009, Dennis l wrote:

>> Phone gave as poisonous (too short?) reply, either phone went crazy or
>> communication went out of sync

> I can't see a reason for the message above but it seems we have a
> general problem with new series40 phones with file SMS access.

I think that the message above is due to not setting an error code for
a file not found condition (see "Empty directory" messages in the
debug output from the OP, they probably should be "File not found"),
the same happens if you do gnokii --getfile "C:\foo"
see attached patch for a one line fix

in this moment I can't debug the main issue because I'm getting an
error when I run smsd, that I don't get when running gnokii:
PHONET: Message buffer overun - resetting (buffer count: 1011, max: 1010)
--
Daniele Forsi