Re: Running gnokii under KDE-Fedora 10

From: Timothy Murphy
Subject: Re: Running gnokii under KDE-Fedora 10
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 12:27:41 +0000

On Sunday 22 February 2009 10:58:24 Pawel Kot wrote:

> > I'm trying to run gnokii with bluetooth connection
> > under Fedora-10, using KDE, but I don't see
> > how one exchanges bluetooth PINs in Fedora 10?
> > Apparently bluez-utils (which used to contain bluez-pin)
> > has disappeared, as has hcid.conf.
>
> You should have asked this question to Fedora support.
> Personally I use neither KDE nor Fedora.

Thanks for your response.
I did ask on the Fedora list,  but didn't get a response.

In any case, I managed to get connected (I think), by running

address@hidden kdebluetooth-0.3]$ sudo rfcomm connect 0 00:0F:DE:7B:1D:B5 3

Now I am asked for a PIN on the phone screen, which I give,
and a new bluetooth icon appears in the computer panel.
When I click on this I am asked for my PIN.

Now I see my laptop listed on the phone under Bluetooth=>My devices.

But now I think I have encountered a new hurdle.
When I run "gnokii --identify" I get
address@hidden ~]$ export BT=00:0F:DE:7B:1D:B5
address@hidden ~]$ sudo rfcomm release $BT
address@hidden ~]$ sudo rfcomm bind 0 $BT 3
address@hidden ~]$ gnokii --identify
GNOKII Version 0.6.27
LOG: debug mask is 0x1
Config read from file /home/tim/.gnokiirc.
phone instance config:
model = AT
port = /dev/rfcomm0
connection = serial
initlength = default
serial_baudrate = 19200
serial_write_usleep = -1
handshake = software
require_dcd = 0
smsc_timeout = 10
rfcomm_channel = 0
sm_retry = 0
Initializing AT capable mobile phone ...
Serial device: opening device /dev/rfcomm0
Serial device: setting RTS to high and DTR to high
Message sent: 0x00 / 0x0004
41 54 5a 0d                                     | ATZ
write: [ATZ<cr>]
read : [OK<cr><lf>]
Message received: 0x00 / 0x0004
02 4f 4b 0d                                     |  OK
Received message type 00
Message sent: 0x00 / 0x0005
41 54 45 31 0d                                  | ATE1
write: [ATE1<cr>]
read : [OK<cr><lf>]
Message received: 0x00 / 0x0004
02 4f 4b 0d                                     |  OK
Received message type 00
Message sent: 0x00 / 0x000a
41 54 2b 43 4d 45 45 3d 31 0d                   | AT+CMEE=1
write: [AT+CMEE=1<cr>]
read : [OK<cr><lf>]
Message received: 0x00 / 0x0004
02 4f 4b 0d                                     |  OK
Received message type 00
Message sent: 0x06 / 0x0007
41 54 2b 47 4d 4d 0d                            | AT+GMM
write: [AT+GMM<cr>]
read : [ERROR<cr><lf>]
Message received: 0x06 / 0x0007
03 45 52 52 4f 52 0d                            |  ERROR
Received message type 06
Initialization failed (8)
Serial device: closing device
Telephone interface init failed: Unknown error - well better than nothing!!
Quitting.
Cannot unlock device.
Unknown error - well better than nothing!!

I should have said that my phone is a Sony Ericsson T630.

Any help or advice gratefully received.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net