Re: how to send sms through smsd(mysql) in a language other than english

From: Jan Derfinak
Subject: Re: how to send sms through smsd(mysql) in a language other than english
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 22:35:39 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 14 Jan 2009, Shoaib Khan wrote:

> Yes Jan you are right.

So, first you must setup your MySQL correctly. Which encoding you use for
mysql server?
Connect to database with mysql client and use "STATUS;" to display
charactersets.
If you have changed characterset for table, use "SHOW TABLE STATUS LIKE
OUTBOX;" for table's characterset.

If you don't use desirable characterset for your language, you must
configure MySQL to use desirable one.

For showing all supported characterset use "SHOW CHARACTER SET;"
Choose the most suitable characterset. Generaly utf8 is good option.

Then you have many possibility to configure MySQL.
1. If you can change default characterset for whole server, use
--character-set-server option for mysqld.
2. If you want change characterset only for database use CREATE DATABASE or
ALTER DATABASE with "DEFAULT CHARACTER SET" clause.
3. Analogously if you want change characterset only for table use CREATE
TABLE or ALTER TABLE with "DEFAULT CHARACTER SET" clause.

For details, consult mysql documentation.

If you will be able to insert sms to outbox table and it will be displayed
correctly, try smsd.

jan