Re: GSM Modems

From: Madars Vitolins
Subject: Re: GSM Modems
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 21:29:50 +0200

Bishal,

Take a look http://www.gprsmodems.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Wavecom_GSM_GPRS_Modems_100.html
But I think you can find out the distributor via http://www.wavecom.com/modules/movie/scenes/locator/ and ask them for price!

Thanks,
Madars

Bishal wrote:
Hello Michael,

    Will Wavecom GSM modem work on FreeBSD OS and how much is the cost of

wavecom GSM modem? I am trying to implement the network monitoring but

could not find any here.

Thank you

Bishal

On 11/12/2008, "Michael Hutchinson" <address@hidden> wrote:

Hello all,

Wavecom modems are great! We've used a FastTrack M1306B (obsolete now),

and the FastTrack Supreme (current model). Brilliant serial port modems,

fully featured, and very reliable.

We're about to employ two FastTrack Supreme's on site in the next few

weeks, for our Nagios monitoring system.

Nokia phones are OK too, but don't compare to a GSM modem (they tend to

be flaky in comparison).

Cheers,

Michael Hutchinson

Manux Solutions Ltd