Re: How to compile smsd in 0.6.27

From: Jari Turkia
Subject: Re: How to compile smsd in 0.6.27
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 11:31:30 +0200

Ari A wrote:
The documentation says that the smsd is now compiled with gnokii. Somehow I am not able to compile it.
What is the correct way to compile smsd and mysql libraries?

Did you check Gnokii wiki?
In the Build FAQ there are really-quick-instructions: http://wiki.gnokii.org/index.php/QuickBuild

Since you insisted that somehow building fails or does not work, I tested the wiki's instructions on my Fedora box.
1) I CVSd the latest source code out
2) ./autogen.sh
3) make

Check the results:
# ls -1 smsd/smsd smsd/.libs/*mysql*
Will yield following files:
smsd/.libs/libsmsd_mysql.a, smsd/.libs/libsmsd_mysql.la, smsd/.libs/libsmsd_mysql.lai, smsd/.libs/libsmsd_mysql.so, smsd/.libs/mysql.o, smsd/smsd

The smsd is there and has proper libraries ready to be installed. (I did not do the make install -part.)

Please try that and report back if your process does not produce assumed results. If you're interested in released 0.6.27 replace 1) with getting and unpacking the tar.gz-file and ignore 2) completely.

Regards,
Jari Turkia