Re: Libgnokii Question

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Libgnokii Question
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 19:40:03 +0100

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 17:28, Meredith Miller <address@hidden> wrote:
>     I am trying to write a small program to read and display sms using
> libgnokii.  I have read the examples (particularly gnobatmon.c and
> smsstatus.c), but I am confused as to how I should be configuring
> gn_data data for GN_OP_GetSMS .
>
> http://pastebin.ca/1240693
>
> gives me the error (on line 16) incompatible types in assignment
>
> Any help or suggestion regarding the correct usage of this op is appreciated.

As I said on IRC there are several problems.
1. include/data/data.h in gn_data defines:
gn_sms_message_list
*message_list[GN_SMS_MESSAGE_MAX_NUMBER][GN_SMS_FOLDER_MAX_NUMBER];
while you declare:
gn_sms_message_list
smsmessagelist[GN_SMS_MESSAGE_MAX_NUMBER][GN_SMS_FOLDER_MAX_NUMBER];
It is indeed not the same type.
2. You don't need message list to get sms.
3. You should not use GN_OP_GetSMS directly but use libgnokii
gn_sms_get() function.
4. Refer to gnokii/gnokii-sms.c::getsms() on how to retrieve an sms.