GSM Modems

From: Madars Vitolins
Subject: GSM Modems
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 13:31:40 +0200

Hello!

Could somebody tell me which GSM modem to choose for building SMS Gateway (send & receve messages) using gnokii-smsd.
I am thinking to use three such devices for load balancing.

What brands and models (up-to-date) you would recomend me? Or what models you have and working well? Also I would prefer serial port based devices as they do not chang the ttySX X number, as I seen for usb number times to times changes...

Thanks a lot in advance!
Madars