Re: Siemens S55 via Bluetooth

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Siemens S55 via Bluetooth
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 14:00:58 +0200

Hi,

First of all. Bluetooth configuration, however needed for some gnokii
setups, is off-topic for this list. Much better help you will get in
bluez-users (or somewhat similiar) mailing lists.

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 13:10, Войнович Андрей <address@hidden> wrote:
> I try to manage Siemens S55 using gnokii via bluetooth interface.
> I installed bluez-utils and gnokii from debian unstable, then i try:

Doesn't Debian really give proper bluetooth subsystem configuration?

>   Serial device: opening device 00:01:e3:24:f7:f1
>   Can't connect: Connection refused

It means phone didn't authenticate your connection.

> I read somewhere that i should have /etc/bluetooth/pin file with password to

No. As far as I know, this is not used for the connection originated
from the computer.

> connect to device via bluetooth, i did it, but the problem still the same.
> Then i read that i should have script like:
>
>   #!/bin/sh
>   echo "PIN:123456"
>

> And even added line to /etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf:
>
>   pinhelper /bin/bluepin

First, it was pin_helper. Second, what does /bin/bluepin look like?
Third, it was for old bluez version. Now you need to register it with
passkey-agent. If your distro doesn't do it for you, change the
distro.