Sierra Internal Modem

From: Carles Pina i Estany
Subject: Sierra Internal Modem
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 22:27:02 +0200

Hello,

My Thinkpad T60 computer has a internal modem:

Bus 002 Device 003: ID 1199:6804 Sierra Wireless, Inc. MC8755 Device

I use it (using wvdial+pppd) to connect to Internet without big
problems.

Just now, just for fun, I've tried to do a phone call using gnokii:
------
[global]
port = /dev/ttyUSB0
model = AT
connection = serial
------

It worked fine.

I've tried to send a SMS and have not worked. Attached I send the
output of echo hola | gnokii --sendsms NUMBER in debug way.
Maybe would be interesting to "fix" it. Any clue what is it? What is
ERROR: 330 ?

Thank you,

--
Carles Pina i Estany            GPG id: 0x17756391
        http://pinux.info