Re: smsd deletes inbound SMS messages when database connection down

From: Alastair Watts
Subject: Re: smsd deletes inbound SMS messages when database connection down
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 15:58:54 +0930

Hi Pawel,

On Thu, 2008-07-31 at 08:12 +0200, Pawel Kot wrote:

> Could you provide debug log for such behaviour? Looking at the code,
> SMS is NOT deleted on database error. Which db plugin do you use?

MySQL database plugin. The phone is using the AT command driver if that
helps.

I'll need to try and replicate the error to be able to provide
debugging. The logging that I had (without debugging) said something
like:

123 INSERT failed
mysql database has gone away

Checking the phone showed that the inbox was empty, as was the inbox
table in MySQL.

Also, I've double checked, and the version being used is actually
0.6.17, but has this part of the code changed between then and 0.6.26?

Cheers,

Al