Re: Get complete, recursive file list?

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Get complete, recursive file list?
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 21:24:22 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 8:58 PM, Mariano Draghi <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Powel,

Pawel that is :)

> It's a Nokia 6131, and yes, I suppose it supports Obex protocol.

For Nokia 6131 I think you can use "byid" gnokii commands. Please take
a look  for them -- they may be more suitable for your purpose. You
can just iterate by ids not parsing any strings.

> But I thought that Obex protocol was something related (exclusively)
> with Bluetooth filetransfers...

No, it's not. You can have Obex over IrDA or USB as well.

> Anyway, ¿would it be possible to read the filesystem using Obex, while
> the phone is connected with the USB cable in "standard" (*no*
> data-transfer) mode?

I think so. If FBUS works, Obex should work as well. AFAIR for 6131
there's DKU-2 compatible phone. You may lsusb -vvv and see whether
Obex end-point is visible.

> Sorry for the long post, bat maybe with all that background someone
> can offer a better idea...

I can assist improving file support. As far as I can see you're into
Python, so if you are interested we may approach Python bindings for
gnokii it that makes things easier.