Using gnokii and gnapplet to autmatically synchronize Nokia 3650 with Su

From: Anja Wunderlich
Subject: Using gnokii and gnapplet to autmatically synchronize Nokia 3650 with Sunbird?
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 22:05:03 +0200

Hi.

"Using gnokii and gnapplet to autmatically synchronize Nokia 3650 with Sunbird?"

Is there a setup to get this to work? I managed to start synchronization manually by starting the gnapplet on the Nokia and then using multisync with the gnokii and the sunbird plugins to start the process. Works acceptable, although some events tend to appear mutliple times on the Mobile after this.

My problem with automating the process is not the cronjob or the script to do it, but the fact, that gnapplet has to be started manually on the Phone before the process can start. Also, after 30 seconds gnapplet will shut down. Furthermore, I have to accept the connection manually on the Phone.

I'd like to have a setup, where the Mobile will synchronize automatically when it is in reach of the Bluetooth device in my PC, or - if that won't work - I can start the synchronization via the Mobile.

Does someone know if this can be acomplished? Maybe by changing the 30 second timeout to infinity and somehow override that question about accepting the connection by the Mobile (maybe some kind of "pairing")?

Thanks
Aurora