Re: Nokia 6070 via infrared

From: Daniele Forsi
Subject: Re: Nokia 6070 via infrared
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 23:45:22 +0200

2008/4/14, Guido Milanese:

>  I'm trying now
>  to set up my wife's phone, a 6070 model. The infrared should be all
>  right, I copied the config file from gnokii list of configurations:
>  model = 6510
>  port = /dev/ttyS0
>  connection = serial

I suppose you copied it from
http://wiki.gnokii.org/index.php/Nokia6070Config but /dev/ttyS0 for
IrDA would be correct only in rare cases (and probably only on older
computers and probably not with connection = serial)

this is my working config using the same driver with a different phone:

port = /dev/irda0
model = 6510
connection = irda

if you confirm that it works with your 6070 I'll update the page in the wiki

refer to you distro docs to make sure that the IrDA stack is working
(irattach irda0 is enough for me)

--
Daniele Forsi