Re: Workarounds for Nokia 6120 classic address book access

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Workarounds for Nokia 6120 classic address book access
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 00:36:31 +0100

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 10:37 AM, Andreas Siegert <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  my old 6310i suddenly died, got a 6120Classic as a replacement.
>  I do have the old phonebook in an ascii file from xgnokii.
>
>  As the 6120c is not working with Gnokii according to what I could see in
>  the archves, I am looking for hints on how to get my old phonebook into
>  the new phone.
>  Any pointers/how-tos appreciated.

IMHO the best option would be to use opensync capabilities. In your
case that would be 2-step process:
1. Convert phonebook backup file into file-sync format (it's vCard
afair, verify against opensync documentation)
2. Use opensync to synchronize phonebook between file-sync and syncml
(your phone should support it) plugins